The current fee is £45 for the first lesson / assessment and subsequent lessons are £40 per lesson. A 24 hour cancellation policy applies.
Special Course of 6 sessions £225 specifically aimed at those with back pain to get you back moving again. This course of 6 lessons will include the following
- A detailed assessment of your posture, possible causes of any pain or discomfort.
- Body mapping and functional anatomy or as I call it living anatomy, teaching you the principle joints used in movement so that you can discover greater freedom of movement and can get back to the activities you enjoy doing.
- Sitting at a computer comfortably
- Bending - how to bend without wincing
- Applying the principles to everyday life such as driving, walking or gardening.
- Using the arms and shoulders properly to avoid pain & improve your posture
- I will give you the skills and techniques to help you to help yourself giving you the confidence to move without the thought of pain
Only a few private health insurers (PHI) provide cover for AT lessons.
The following companies are known to reimburse Alexander Technique sessions, mostly on a Consultant’s prescription:
* Actplan (on GP’s referral)
* Ellis Healthcare
* Executive Healthcare Ltd
* Exeter Friendly Society (on self-referral)
* Guardian Health
* Healthcare Management
* HEALTHSHIELD (through company based scheme)
* Hogg-Robinson Healthcare
* I.G.I. (on GP’s referral)
* Iron Trades Ass. Co
* Managed Care Consultants Ltd
* Medical Claims Handling
* Motor Insurer's Bureau
* Norwich Union
* Prime Health
* The Civil Service Med. Aid Assoc. (on self-referral)
* The E.C.’s Joint Medical Insurance Scheme
* The U.N.’s Medical Insurance Scheme
* UAP Provincial Insurance Plc
* Universal Providence
* UNIQA (Austria)
* Van Breda
If you have insurance with any private health insurance company it is worth asking if they will cover AT lessons.